November 26, 2020
To Help you pray this month for your Local Mosque Community.
Muslims and Covid Restrictions:
Just as the spread of the second wave of the pandemic Covid-19 in Canada and the governmental restrictions imposed as a result is affecting the Canadian Christian community and churches, so it is making an impact on Muslim faith and practice. A Canadian Muslim COVID-19 task force has been established to regularly communicate the latest developments and recommendations within the different provinces of Canada to community leaders and to the Muslim community in general (cf. www.cmcovidtf.com).
Two major religious practices that are affected is the attendance at the local mosque for daily and weekly prayers as well as Islamic burial rituals. There has also been a recorded increase in the incidents of anti-Muslim harassment and violence in Canada since the beginning of this pandemic.
In light of this situation, let’s pray for the people of the mosque in your community:
- Pray for their protection from the virus.
- Pray that they will follow the medical health restrictions of their area as is expected of all residents.
- Pray that the local mosque leaders will have wisdom in implementing the guidelines for places of worship and in burial regulations in order to prevent further spreading of the virus.
- Pray for Muslims in your local community who may be experiencing depression and anxiety as result of social distancing and isolation. These problems may be more acute among new immigrants who come from countries where the value of regular social interaction is higher practiced much more than in Canada.
- Pray against the spirit of hostility and hatred toward Muslims that might exist in your community.
- Pray that Muslims in your community will seek after the Prince of Peace during this time of uncertainty and insecurity.
- Pray that Christians in your community will become conscious of Muslims living in their neighborhood and desirous to befriend them within the present guidelines.
- Pray that the proclamation of the good news of Isa, the Son of God, to Muslims in your neighborhood through radio, TV, written materials and the internet might bear fruit.