March 3, 2021
To Help you Pray this month for your Local Mosque Community.
I was born in Kenya and raised as a Shia Ismaili Muslim. I met Jesus through the witness of a Christian when I came to Canada. The Holy Spirit took hold of my life and transformed darkness into light. I was overcome by the love of Jesus in Christians and by His presence.
All my life I was looking for the true God and once I found Him, I would never let Him go, whatever the cost.
Ismailis originally came to Canada as refugees (6,000 from Uganda) or as immigrants. There are 120,000 Ismailis who are well educated, businesspeople spread all across Canada in Toronto (70,000), Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal and other cities, with 65 mosques called Jamatkhanas (“congregational place”). Their spiritual leader is Agakhan, 49th Imam, descendant of Ali, son-in-law of Mohamed.
“The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” NIV 4:4 2 Corinthians
“For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.” NIV 4:6 2 Corinthians
- Pray the Holy Spirit would hover over them. Let there be Light!
- Pray that the blindness will be removed from their minds and eyes and that they will see; their ears will open and they will hear; their mouths would confess Jesus Christ is Lord.
- Pray for the fear of man to be broken and that they would fear God.
- Pray they would repent for worshipping the created instead of the Creator.
- Pray that Jesus would appear to them in dreams and visions.
- Pray that born again, Spirit-filled Christians would come across their path and share the gospel.
- Pray that deception would be broken off them, that they will know the truth and the truth would set them free.
- March 21st is a significant date, Navroz, which is New Year for Shia Muslims. Pray that Ismailis would encounter Jesus in the New Year.