April 1, 2019
On the evening of Monday, May 6, 2019, billions of Muslims around the world will begin observing Ramadan. Ramadan is the 9th month of the Islamic lunar calendar and is the holiest month of the year for Muslims.
As we look ahead to Ramadan please use these prayers from the 30 Days of Prayer guide:
- Father, we pray that as they set their hearts to worship their god Allah, that You might make them to “know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent” (John 17:3).
- Father, we pray that as their bodies hunger and their tongues thirst, that You would show them Jesus who promised “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst” (John 6:35). Help them see the insufficiency of their works and lead them to hunger and thirst for the righteousness that only Jesus can give.
- Father, we pray that as they practice self-restraint that You would show them Jesus who, before He was crucified for sinners, denied Himself and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from Me. Yet not as I will, but as You will” (Matthew 26:39). Help them believe that He truly died on the cross and drank fully from the cup of Your wrath.
- Father, we pray that as they give alms to the poor that You would show them Jesus who “though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich” (2 Corinthians 8:9). Help them see and treasure the eternal glory of Your Son Jesus.
- Father, we pray that as they gather together to feast in the evening, that You would show them Jesus who invites sinners of all sorts to abandon their false gods and by faith join “those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb” (Revelation 16:9). Show them the resurrected and ascended King of Glory who desires them to draw near to Him in faith.