March 1, 2019
Surveys in Canada have shown that one of the greatest influences in Muslims becoming followers of Jesus is friendships with Christians. This seems only normal since Jesus Himself emphasized the importance of loving one’s neighbor as oneself right alongside loving God with everything we have. With this in mind, let’s pray during this month for the Holy Spirit to pour out God’s love through Canadian believers to the Muslims living in our country.
1. In relationships with work colleagues:
- That Christians will become aware of the presence of Muslim colleagues at work and begin praying for them.
- That these Christians will befriend their Muslim colleagues and ask questions to get to know them better, including questions related to their Muslim faith and practice.
- That these Christians will practice hospitality to their Muslim colleagues and families and be prepared to accept the hospitality on the part of their colleagues.
2. In relationships with students:
- That Christian students on Canadian university and college campuses will develop friendships with the Muslim students, asking them questions to get to know them better.
- That Christian families will invite Muslim students into their homes for meals and special evenings in order to get to know them and allow them to learn more about life in Canada.
3. In relationships with neighbors:
- That Christians families and singles will seek out Muslim neighbors in their neighborhood and develop contacts with them.
- That these Christians would invite them into their homes for meals or special evenings, while being willing to receive the invitations of Muslim families and singles to eat their food and have conversations in their homes.
4. And in all relationships:
- That Christians would have courage and clarity of mind to share their faith stories while seeking to understand the beliefs and practices of the Muslims.
- That Christians would have courage to invite Muslims to attend with them special and regular activities of their local church community, taking the time to explain beliefs and practices that might seem strange to them.
- That Christians would pray earnestly that these Muslims would become followers of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Also pray that many more Muslims in Canada will come to faith in Jesus this year!