November 1, 2019
To Help you Pray this month for your Local Mosque Community.
Loving Muslims Together exists so that every Muslim in Canada has the opportunity to become a disciple of Jesus Christ. That is our prayer.
This month we are going to focus on a specific group – Iranians.
Many Iranians are becoming disciples of Jesus Christ for various reasons and this is very encouraging for those who have a heart for reaching out to Muslims. Those who observe global church growth patterns note that the Iranian church is the fastest growing church according to population size in the world. God is at work.
Many Iranians have a Persian identity that is important to them. They speak the language of Farsi. Many are searching for spiritual truth in different places and are attracted to the message of God’s love through Jesus Christ. There have been a number of baptisms in churches across Canada.
These new Iranian (or also sometimes called Persian or Farsi) fellowships are in need of support and discipleship. For many new Iranian believers living as a Christian is a very new experience while at the same time, they are navigating different cultures and challenges in the places they have relocated to – places like Canada. Extending hospitality is a great first step in helping them to know God’s love.
Here are some prayer requests:
- Many Iranians in the diaspora have new freedoms to explore spirituality. Pray that they will find Jesus first.
- Pray for Farsi New Testaments to be made available to all who are interested and for Christians to be-friend Iranian neighbours.
- Pray for openness of Churches to Iranian visitors and to welcome them warmly
- Pray for discipleship and leadership development in new fellowships of Iranian believers
- Pray for more resources to be developed in the Farsi language for theological education and leadership development
- Pray that that Iranian church will continue to grow and that more religious freedom will be granted to believers in Iran.