December 2, 2019
To Help you Pray this month for your Local Mosque Community.
Spend some time sharing with other members of your prayer group about any recent contacts with members of the local mosque community. Ask yourselves:
- Have any previous prayers been answered? (Consider asking someone to keep a record of answered prayers)
- What new prayer needs have arisen?
- Where are there openings for contact and relationship building
Spend some time in praise and giving thanks. Some areas to include:
- Praise for God’s care, concern and love for all people
- Praise that God is personally interested in each member of your local Muslim community.
- Praise that God has brought our Muslim neighbors into our area, to give them opportunity to hear the Good News of Jesus.
- Rejoice that the God of the universe is eagerly listening for our prayers and that as we pray, with expectant faith, the Kingdom of God grows.
Spend some time listening, asking God to lead you as to how He would like you to pray on this occasion.
Other things to consider praying for on a regular basis:
- Local Mosque leadership and their families.
- Muslim marriages
- That children will be exposed to the gospel as they go to school and relate to Christian friends.
- That God will bring Christian friends, neighbors and colleagues into the lives of every individual in the local Muslim community.
- That God will arrange that members of your church will have opportunities to meet members of the local Muslim community and begin to build relationships.
- Students at college and university – that God will protect them from extremism and begin to unlock the truth of the gospel in their hearts as they are open to new ideas.
- Pray for specific relationships that already exist between church members and the Muslim community.
Give thanks that God has heard your prayers and that He is already beginning to act to start drawing Muslims who are part of your local mosque community towards Jesus.